About the company
Techtronic Industries is a world-class leader in the design, manufacturing and marketing of power tools, outdoor power equipment and floor care appliances for consumers, professional and industrial users in the DIY, repair and construction industries. Our unrelenting strategic focus on powerful brands, innovative products, operational excellence and exceptional people drives our culture. Our brands are red-hot – our growth leads the home improvement and construction industries, as we are totally committed to growing our portfolio of exceptional and powerful brands. We fuel our brands with a continuous stream of innovation, value-added, robust new products, which meet the specific needs of our customers.
About the role
The Accessories and Hand tools department is responsible for the end-to-end product development for Ryobi, Empire and AEG products within these categories across the EMEA region with global collaboration with teams in USA and ANZ.
We are growing and we have exciting plans. This is an exciting opportunity to innovate and contribute to new category product development for the region. To achieve this successfully, you will develop an intimate understanding of the end user and market through your daily activities, having some DIY or hands-on experience is a plus for this role but not essential.
As Assistant Product Manager (APM) you will get to work closely with the local country teams, ensuring all commercial and competitive factors are understood and addressed, this is a key activity to our success.
A day as APM will include competitive benchmarks, landscaping markets across the different countries, product testing and building compelling presentations. Market research and end user research is the fuel to kick off our NPD’s (New Product Developments) and to gain market knowledge to become an expert on your products. You will be actively involved in the end-to-end product development process having to work closely with engineering teams and MPM teams in China, and the global teams, as well as the EMEA teams such as finance, Supply Chain, Brand, Sales & Customer services.
Supporting the commercialization including product launch of the individual product / ranges, as well as the implementation of the broader strategy, is a critical component of the role. This entails collaboration with the country teams, and close alignment with the Brand & Communication team. Vital to execution is maintaining European consistency yet addressing specific local market environments to ensure success.
Being a confident presenter is very important in product management as you will present to the leadership team strategy plans and as the expert that you’ll become you are going to present to our markets and including customers.
- Build a competitive benchmark per product / category.
- Landscaping and market profiling to allow a clear understanding of product & category trends across Europe to identify opportunities.
- Early-stage end user research to identify needs to contribute towards the confirmation of NPI’s requirements.
- Defining product features & specifications that are required by the end user that within the competitive landscape provide a compelling proposal to ensure commercial success.
- Create clear compelling presentations for the different stages during the NPD.
- Work closely with different BUs in China engineering, product design, MPM teams through NPD ensuring communication and all files involved related to active projects are up to date.
- Work closely with Quality team to ensure products are European/Region compliant.
- Support in the product development process working closely with the Product Manager to ensure the product truly delivers against the pre-identified metrics. These include but are not limited to features, benefits, performance, industrial design, quality, cost and schedule.
- Supporting our internal teams with product training and customer presentations / training.
- Support on planning of product launches through the business, with emphasis on; Production dates, availability. Product detail such as manuals, packaging, online, etc. Pan-European price positioning. Phase in / phase out planning. Communication of the above through the organization.
- Collaborate in the creation of all collateral and product launch materials to ensure a commercially successfully launch in close cooperation with the Brand & Communication team.
- Bachelor’s degree (in Marketing, Businesses or related).
- A highly motivated self-starter team player, with analytical thinking.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to build relationships across multidisciplinary teams.
- A practical hands-on disposition.
- Clear communication skills, both verbal & written.
- Good presentation skills. Experience presenting to large numbers of people with a confident and engaging delivery.
- Willingness to undertake travel in the region when needed.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (good level of Excel and power point) any other software knowledge is welcome.
- European language would be of benefit.
How to apply
If this position sounds appealing to you and you would like to join our team, we are looking forward to your application. In case of relocation we may assist you with a financial package. Please submit your application indicating your earliest start date.